“Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light.”
I hope the following books and websites will shine additional light into your life. These are just a small sampling of some of the wonderful books and websites that are available and please feel free to share additional resources with me as you come across them.
Daring Greatly: How the Courage to be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent and Lead by Brené Brown, Ph.D.
Gifts of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think You’re Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are by Brené Brown, Ph.D.
Rising Strong: The Reckoning, The Rumble, The Revolution by Brené Brown, Ph.D.
Hardwiring Happiness: The New Brain Science of Contentment, Calm, and Confidence by Rick Hanson, Ph.D.
Learned Optimism: How to Change your Mind and Your Life by Martin Seligman
Flourish: A Visionary New Understanding of Happiness and Well-being by Martin Seligman
Raising Resilient Children: Fostering Strength, Hope and Optimism in Your Child by Robert Brooks & Sam Goldstein
Self-Compassion: Stop Beating Yourself Up and Leave Insecurity Behind by Kristin Neff, Ph.D
The Mindfulness Solution: Everyday Practices for Everyday Problems by Ronald Siegel, Psy.D.
Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World that Can’t Stop Talking by Susan Cain
Thrive: The Third Metric to Redefining Success and Creating a Life of Well-Being, Wisdom, and Wonder by Arianna Huffington
Comfortable with Uncertainty: 108 Teachings on Cultivating Fearlessness and Compassion by Pema Chodron
The Happiness Advantageby Shawn Achor
Grit by Angela Duckworth
Mindsetby Carol Dweck
Give and Takeby Adam Grant
- Dr. Rick Hanson, author of Hardwiring Happiness, also offers a free newsletter entitled Just One Thing and regularly posts the latest research related to the neuropsychology of happiness, mindfulness, and meditation.
- Dr. Kristin Neff from the University of Texas – Austin is one of the leading international researchers on self-compassion. Visit her website to learn more about how to be kind to yourself.
- Dr. Robert Brooks offers wonderful monthly articles about resilience and motivation, and you can access a list of his past articles via this website.
“The only unique contribution that we will ever make in this world will be born of our own creativity.”
– Dr. Brené Brown
- Brad Stroman is the amazingly talented artist who painted the artwork displayed on the home page. Incorporated in his artwork is the Japanese Zen philosophy of wabi-sabi and the belief that all things living are imperfect, impermanent and incomplete.
- I was fortunate to purchase Brad Stroman’s painting on the home page, Life’s Seesaw, at the Convergence Gallery in Santa Fe, and I have one of Bennie Merideth’s wonderfully whimsical clocks in my office as well.
- Want to bring some positivity into your life? Check out Kelly Rae Roberts’ wonderful use of mixed media and how she incorporates mantras to inspire and motivate.
- Enjoy photography? Check out Susannah Conway’s website to learn more about how to use photography to tell your story.
What I’m Reading
I’m one of those people who is usually reading a few books at the same time, as I enjoy having options to turn to depending on my interest and mood.
Dominoby Nick Tasler
Mindsightby Daniel Siegel
Why Meditateby Mathieu Ricard
The Psychology of The Walking Deadby Travis Langley